Monday, May 4, 2009

WHY...

...Is everyone always pointing at things in pictures?

I get thrown pictures of people having fun all the time on Facebook and everyone's always pointing at stuff. Sometimes they're pointing at a person, sometimes at an item, usually a bottle of alcohol, sometimes seemingly at nothing.

Really, I don't get it. When someone points a camera at me, my first thought is not that I should find something to point at.

Actually it's kind of patronizing. I can find a bottle of Jack Daniels in a picture, I don't need you to point it out to me to know you're excited about it. And if you're pointing at a person, well yes I can see there's people in the picture. Why are you directing my attention to him? WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?!

I really do not understand this. I feel like as an intelligent adult I have the ability to find things in pictures and I think pictures of people having fun are ruined by everyone pointing all over the place and telling me what to look at.

This is why we can't have nice things.

No comments: