Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Fighting Futuristic Fungus Festivals

You know what really grinds my gears?

Buying mushrooms in the supermarket.

I love mushrooms. I do. They're one of my favorite foods. But I can't eat 100 mushrooms every day. I just can't do it.

And yet, in the grocery store it is seemingly impossible to find any packages of mushrooms that come with less than you would need to feed a full standing army who'd had nothing to eat in days, the long march to war draining the strength from their bones as their stomachs begin to consume themselves for sustenance.

Mushrooms go bad, according to Big Y, within 2 to 3 days.

I bought the package with the least amount of mushrooms, big portabella slices, 13 of them. 13 big mushroom slices. You're telling me I have to consume between 4 and 6 mushrooms a day?

Ridiculous. RIDICULOUS. I'M NOT A GODDAMN MONSTER.

YOU'RE THE MONSTERS.

No comments: