Sunday, March 29, 2009

50th Post Extravaganza!!!

50 posts? Yes, readers, it's true. Mostly because I posted badly written chapters of things I wrote years ago in here. Throws up the count.

Even so, 50 is a bit of a milestone. The choice of what I post here will determine the course not only of the next 50 posts, but my life in the meantime. However, there is something I read several days ago that I still cannot get over. How about I share that with you?

NOTE: Seriously I found this days ago I had no intention of making this many sexually deviant posts in one day. Or ever I guess.

---

Okay, so I was on the Wikipedia page for incest (doesn't every classic story start this way?) and I came across a phrase that BLEW my mind.

"While incest between consenting adults has not been widely reported in the past, the internet has shown that this behavior does take place, possibly more often than many people realize."

Did you catch it? Let's take a closer look.

"While incest between consenting adults has not been widely reported in the past, the internet has shown that this behavior does take place, possibly more often than many people realize."

I'm not even sure what to say about this. The intenet is visited by billions of people a day, who share an unprecedented amount of information. It is responsible for education, art, keeping people connected, and generally being a pinnacle of human achievement.

But what it really boils down to, the cold hard sum of the impossibly large framework that makes up the world wide web, the one thing you can really get out of it is that incest between concenting adults takes place.

This quote makes me laugh and cry to amounts that I thought were physically unable to exist in the same space.


Thanks for all the reading, readers. Hopefully at least 1/4 of one of the 50 posts I've made here has been slightly amusing, and if not I hope I don't see you because I will sock you one.

That's not sexual.

I'm looking at you, Fabian.

1 comment:

justin said...

I'm still laughing out loud at how somehow, with words, you did a slow-mo recap.

Was going to say something else, but I'm too busy laughing?

Character writeups and CS2 refreshing are both coming along super-smoothly.