Sunday, March 22, 2009

Lunacon? More like LunaPRO.

This weekend I went to Lunacon! It's a sci-fi and fantasy convention geared towards literature. Saturday I went to seven panels, from 11 to 6. It was pretty awesome, I learned a whole lot and got to talk to some very knowledgable people, as well as having a very small but very heated discussion about the writer's strike with some...TV/movie writers.

Saturday night, my publishing teacher was kind enough to let us students come to his private party full of important people (thank you!). Now, if you've ever seen me in a room with more than 4 other people you know it is the environment in which I function the worst, but I actually managed to talk to several people, including two writers with whom I spent a great deal of the night (thank you both for your good advice and conversation, I hope I was interesting and wasn't boring you guys!). It's kind of daunting talking to professionals, but they've been in our position so they were awesome about it.

I also met a girl whose actual, parent-given name is Nuance. Fantastic.

I also talked, for the first time, with a lot of kids in my publishing class and made what I would call several friends. I was pretty much the only one there who didn't know anyone, so a few were nice enough to let me tag along with them and it was lots of fun, so thank you guys for talking to me and hanging out!

I would definitely go again.


In other news...well actually I have absoluetly nothing else going on. Which is kind of a lie because I've been playing Star Ocean 4 a lot, but I don't think the average person would qualify that. I should develop some sort of initiative in my life and start hanging out with people, or date a girl or something...

...Anyway BRB I should play some more Star Ocean, the En II Sanctuary isn't gonna save itself.

Well okay maybe it will I don't know how the story ends but probably I'm gonna have to do it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i know a bunch of kids in the class actually and even more who just went for fun, i feel left out lol i havent been to any sort of con since i was younger. its like a dream to go to comiccon and its going to happen ::foot stamp::