Thursday, March 5, 2009

Spring Steak

Hold on to your hard hats, readers, it's Spring Break!

A vacation from school that was specifically engineered not to really appeal to me that much. It's a week in which I'm encouraged, nay expected, to find the place with the most people who have the least clothes on near water and maintain a continually dangerous blood alcohol level without dying (although if you die I think you win some prize).

Which is cool if you're into that, don't get me wrong. Just not my gig.

In any case, it has everyone quite excited. Now I don't like breaks from school normally because I have to work all the time.

But this particular vacation is special because my dad is going to Greece to visit family. Which is good, he super deserves a break. But this means that I will be filling in for him at work, essentially running two restaurants. I have done this twice in the past and it is not an enjoyable experience. I have to spend a lot more time there, have a lot more responsibility, and am in charge of numbers and money which are things I have designed my college degree and career around not having to deal with.

It's nice that my dad trusts me that much, and there will be a couple folks helping out who are probably way more qualified but not blood-related. However, this is not something I am looking forward to, readers.

I don't know who, if anyone will be around, but visits are very much welcomed. I'll be at the bar until 2 or 3AM both Friday and Saturday night so backup would be greatly appreciated even if just for a little bit.

Hope you kids have fun if you're on break, and if I don't make it make sure Jerry doesn't get my iPod. He chose Zune, he'll die with Zune.

No comments: