Thursday, June 4, 2009

Lesson of the Week

If you make a post on an internet forum saying you'll draw stuff for people, they will come.

I did this on Sunday. Since then I have gotten exactly 21 requests, of which I have done 10 over the past four days, plus the one that inspired me to offer drawings to people.

Normally my drawings are something I do for the hell of it, something I'm not serious about. However, over the last four days my art has improved immeasurably. Having people waiting on my drawings, and five forum pages of people singing my praises and gushing over things I made have levelled me up to an unheard of degree.

So, because I think some of you might like to see what I've been doing all week, I'll post the first half. I've averaged about three a day, with none yesterday for whatever reason.

These were all done based on original characters which people provided references for. I took liberties where I felt I needed to, and did them completely using my tablet and photoshop (which made coloring SO easy).

Enjoy!





















No comments: